Production and delivery of Concrete, Blocks, Pavers, Specialty products and Aggregates sales. Read more...
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Aruba Real Estate search, advice and services.
Moving to Aruba
Tourists may enter Aruba without a written permit and may remain for a period not exceeding 14 days. For tourists who are subjects of countries which have an agreement with the Kingdom of the Netherlands to abolish the visa obligation - this agreement also being applicable to Aruba - the aforementioned period is three months. Citizens of the Netherlands or the Netherlands Antilles may stay up to six months.
For entering Aruba tourists from the United States of America must be in possession of ONE of the following:
- Valid US Passport
- Valid 'laissez-passer' issued by the United Nations
- US-born citizens: Official state-issued birth certificate (original only) with
a raised seal and ID photograph.
- US citizens born outside the US: Certificate of Naturalization (original
only) with a raised seal and ID photograph.
- US-residents (who are not US citizens) must have a re-entry permit or
Alien Registration Card (Green Card)
Tourists are not allowed to work, look for or accept any work during their stay, neither are they permitted to do business or participate in any business on the island.
Tourists should have in their possession:
- a return ticket, or a ticket to travel elsewhere outside Aruba
- the necessary documents for returning to the country of origin, or for further travel elsewhere (visa, etc.)
- sufficient means at their disposal to be able to support themselves during their stay in Aruba and must be able to prove this, if requested. upon arrival in Aruba
The same conditions stated above are required for a temporary residence-permit. The persons concerned are not allowed to work, to look for or accept work without the explicit consent of the authority who issued the (written) temporary residence-permit. Neither are they permitted to do business, participate in any business, or start any business on the island.
Permanent Residence Permit
When requesting a residence-permit without a working permit, one must submit:
- bank references indicating that the applicant is financially self-supporting or any other proof that he/she will not become a financial burden to the local government or community
- the home and business addresses for the last ten years
- the reasons for wanting to reside in Aruba
- police-clearance (good conduct-paper, not older than 2 months)
Persons desiring a permanent residence-permit must be in possession of:
- a passport valid for Aruba
- three passport photographs of true likeness
- a valid vaccination certificate for smallpox, not more than three years old
- a medical declaration that the holder is not suffering from any contagious disease or mental sickness, issued within 30 days before the trip started
- a proof of payment of the required legal fee
Temporary or Permanent Work Permit
Any foreigners who want to exercise a profession must have a work permit. The work permit will normally be granted only if there are no qualified persons locally available. In general, requests for work-permits will only be taken into consideration if filed through a local employer, who has to accept full responsibility for any possible expenses to be made by the government relative to the employee(s).
With the exception of tourists, all other persons should have a written permit to prove their legal presence on the island. This means that one (unless a tourist) should not travel to or be on the island pending a request for a residence-and/or work permit.
Application forms (for written permits) can be obtained free of charge by writing to:
Departamento di Integracion, Maneho y Admision di Stranhero (DIMAS)
The Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission
Phone +297 522 1500
Fax +297 522 1505
Call center: +297 522 1590
Appointment line: +297 522 1502
Fax short stay department (visa): +297 522 1501
Click here to email
07/08/16For sale - Two-story apartment building in the heart of Oranjestad
Located in the heart of Oranjestad, this two-story apartment...
03/07/16For Rent - Modern and comfortable 2 bdrm condo in Aruba's newest gated community
Modern and comfortable 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo in Aruba's newest gated...
12/14/15One bedroom luxury condo across from the beach
Located close to down town Oranjestad and the low rise hotels. Only...
Featured ServicesFind services related to Real Estate in Aruba:
We offer full service of waste management with a wide variety of collection, recycling and processing capabilities to a wide range of commercial, industrial and residential clients. Read more...